|Home||Skilled visas||Business visas||Temporary visas||Free assessments|
20 October 2009
The new citizenship test for those who wish to become Australian citizens starts today. The twenty multiple choice questions is no easier than the previous test. The Australian Government says that it is fairer; Each question is given equal weight.
The Australian Immigration Department in their news report have given ten example questions from the citizenship test resource book Australian Citizenship: Our Common Bond:
1. What do we remember on Anzac Day?
2. What are the colours of the Australian Aboriginal Flag?
3. Which official symbol of Australia identifies Commonwealth property?
4. Which of these is an example of freedom of speech?
5. Which of these is a responsibility of Australian citizens aged 18 years or over?
6. Which of these statements about passports is correct?
7. What happened in Australia on 1 January 1901?
8. What is the name of the legal document that sets out the rules for the government of Australia?
9. Which of these is a role of the Governor-General?
10. Which of these statements about state governments is correct?
Answers: 1a, 2a, 3c, 4a, 5b, 6a, 7b, 8c, 9b, 10b