Designated area sponsored

Call the London Office on +44 (0)20 7842 0800 for a consultation or an appointment.

You can apply under this category if you have a close family relative who is living in one of the Designated Areas of Australia and is willing to sponsor you for migration in Australia. Your sponsor must continue to live in that Designated Area while your application is being processed as well as at the time a decision is made on your application.

The same requirement applies as the Skilled Australian sponsored category in terms of meeting the basic requirements, and having a positive assessment from an Australian assessing authority for your nominated occupation, but you do not have to pass the points test.

Furthermore, in addition to those relatives who can sponsor you under the Skilled Australian Sponsored category , a first cousin or grandparent can also be eligible to sponsor you under this category.

You must also have an Assurer for this category.

To apply for any of the Designated Area Sponsorship visas, your sponsor must have lived for at least one year and still live in one of the following designated areas:

State or TerritoryDesignated Areas
South AustraliaAnywhere
Northern TerritoryAnywhere
Australian Capital TerritoryAnywhere
QueenslandPostcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)
Western AustraliaPostcode areas 6042-6044, 6051, 6126, 6200-6799 (anywhere except Perth metropolitan region)
New South WalesPost areas 2311-2312, 2328-2333, 2336-2490, 2535-2551, 2575-2739, 2787-2898 (anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)