Independent 0verseas Student

Call the London Office on +44 (0)20 7842 0800 for a consultation or an appointment.

To be eligible for an Onshore General Skilled visa, you must be highly skilled and satisfy the basic requirements.

In addition to this, you must:

How do I apply?

Before you apply, you and/or your spouse should obtain evidence that you satisfy the basic requirements, as well as evidence of the following:

All applicants must meet current health and character requirements.

If you do not have a sponsor, you must also meet the points test and hold a positive skills assessment from a 60-point occupation on the SOL. If you have fully completed an Australian doctorate, however, then you only need to hold a positive skills assessment in a 50-point occupation.

Once you have obtained all of the evidence listed above, the application for Skilled-Independent Overseas Student Migration to Australia supported by all the relevant documents can be submitted to the Australia Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) in Adelaide.

If you do have a sponsor, please see the following pages for information on the requirements.